Welcome to the third edition of romancing the novel. Lots and lots of great links to read and maybe even reread if you're so inclined. I hope you find many new articles to peruse and enjoy!
- Kat presents Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris posted at Book Thingo, saying, "The latest Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood novel reviewed by Decadence."
- Kat shares her thoughts of Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh posted at Book Thingo, saying, "My review of the latest Psy-Changeling novel, and it's definitely a keeper."
- Fennel reviews: A Conqueror's Destiny by Scarlett Sanderson.
- Sandy reviews: Ice by Stephanie Rowe.
- Jenre reviews: Don't Look Back by Josh Lanyon.
- Meghan reviews: Beauty by Robin McKinley.
- What are some of your Favorite Re-Reads? Penelope shares hers!
On Genre and Sub-Genre
- Angela T posts in praise of the HEA.
- Katie Reus shares the heroines she'd like to be friends with… do they match heroines on your list?
- History Hoydens ponders infidelity - the dark side of romance?
- I Wish for a Romance Reading Neighbor! Nuff said.
- Katiebabs sums up my feelings exactly about the recent Twitter explosion in bad author behavior from Alice Hoffman?
- Jessica asks readers do you REALLY heart Harlequin Presents? Test your love with this quiz! I got a score of 30.
- Author Marie Force interviews her latest heroine in The Heroine’s Point of View .
- Interview with Author Rochelle Alers by Dyanne at Romance Slam Jam.
- Syrie James Discusses Her Book, The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Brontë at Jane Austen’s World.
- Alyson H interviews Best First Book Nominee: Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas.
- Kristen Scott interviews NYT Bestseller Alyssa Day!!
Between the Sheets
- Book bloggers get a good rap in Katiebabs interview with Sourcebooks publicist Paul Samuelson.
- Jane from Dear Author says digital publishing has to step up its game
- Dominic West reads Pride and Prejudice… as seen posted several places around the blogosphere.
- Victoria Janssen presents Victoria Janssen: Where's the sexual line in shapeshifter romance? posted at Victoria Janssen, saying, "This is an older post about shifter romance/erotica, what we find acceptable sexually, what we don't, and why."
- Kat presents Close Reading by Alexis Harley - Book Thingo posted at Book Thingo, saying, "A poem that captures the sexiness of reading. "
- 7 Tips for Quitting a Book gives some great advice for those who feel the need to finish everything you start and have huge TBR piles!
- Shannon Stacey discusses the things people say to RWA.
- Epublished authors versus print published authors… a Personal Account Concerning the RWA Uproar.
- Here are some RWA Conference Top Ten Do’s.
- Giving your characters a past is very important!
- Joshua Dodson presents When does inspiration hit? posted at Writers Community.
- Joshua Dodson presents Five Ways to Jump Start Your Next Poem posted at Writers Community.
That concludes this edition. Thank you everyone who submitted posts to this edition! You can submit your blog articles to the next edition of romancing the novel by using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Photo Credits: @sahxic < twitter
Technorati tags: romancing the novel, blog carnival.