Guest blog by Ishabelle Torry, author of To Have Or To Haunt
Hiya everyone! Ishabelle Torry here, ready to reveal my secrets! Although I have a couple of author bios available to you all, I thought it would be nice and refreshing to offer up 10 facts about me you may not know. *rubs hand together* All right, let’s count them down!
- I hate mayonnaise. I don’t care if it’s real, or Miracle Whip. I hate it, and will absolutely starve to avoid it!
- I like to watch people. They often catch me staring, and sometimes even run away from my prying eyes. A few have asked if I would like their picture instead…I almost said yes, please.
- I’m a night owl. I prefer to be awake all night. Unfortunately, life forces me out of bed way too early most mornings.
- I sleep with two blankets. And I’m not talking ’bout little blankets…full sized comforters…all year round. Anything below 80 degrees, and I’m cold.
- I love history. The older, the better.
- I hate math. Math scares me, and was the deciding factor in choosing history as a major instead of science.
- I wrote my first story while on bed rest for pregnancy, and shared it with my AOL friends on a weekly chapter basis. They loved it.
- My greatest influence to become a writer came from Mr. Olin…my ninth grade English teacher.
- I went to reform school for one year, where I met Mr. Olin. I was involved in a fist fight that resulted in suspension, and a 500 word essay. It was this essay that caught all of my teachers’ attention, and despite the reason I had to write it, gained praise.
- And my biggest secret…People terrify me. For most of my life I’ve hidden from people. But the desire to write has forced me to creep out from under the safety of my rock, exposing myself to the world. I’ve learned to interact, and in the last year I have grown tremendously. I love it out here now! Thanks to all of you, and your support! Rock on!
So now that you know a little bit more about me, is there anything you want to share? You can find me at:
Follow on Twitter @IshabelleTorry
Can Melanie’s Halloween bash survive Leah’s ghostly tricks?
Melanie Fyre is a passionate teacher determined to raise funds for the town’s school. What better way to do it than by expanding the local businesses? All she needs is land. Untouched for years thanks to a local superstition, the Crowe property is perfect. If Melanie can debunk the myth, she can get the use of those 600 beautiful acres. She just has to prove to the town that Leah’s ghost is not haunting the mansion, even on Samhain night.
Burned to death and proclaimed a witch, Leah Crowe’s soul has been cursed to an eternity of loneliness, all because she dared to love a woman. When the saucy Melanie arrives at her home to throw a costume party that mocks Leah’s very existence, the bitter ghost resolves to renew the town’s fear of her name. Will Leah’s ghost ruin all of Melanie’s plans?
That voice… Melanie’s head snapped left, then right. “Leah?” On either side stood groups of people, but no one she didn’t recognize immediately—even through the plethora of costumes. She turned in a circle, searching for the face the voice belonged to. “You know it’s not nice to stalk people.”
“I was thinking much the same in regards to someone inviting themselves into my home.”
Melanie jumped. It sounded as if Leah were speaking directly into her ear. “Your home? As in Leah Crowe’s home?” She laughed so hard she snorted. “So that’s what you were doing in the room upstairs…haunting me?”
Once again, Leah’s voice sounded near. “No. I had only intended to ask that you leave and take your party elsewhere. I will haunt you if you fail to comply.”
Melanie crossed her arms and chuckled. Someone was definitely pranking her.
Circled by a group of men paying homage to her costume, Ally randomly waved from across the room, raising a glass of beer. Melanie smirked. So busted! This scenario had her best friend’s name written all over it. She nodded, licking her lips. “Bring it on, ghost chick. This party needs some entertainment anyway.”