Guest Blog by Misty Evans, author of The Blood Code
In my latest sexy spy thriller, The Blood Code, my heroine is a lost princess and must team up with a CIA agent in order to save her grandmother and stop a nuclear war. As the story progresses, she learns a lot about going undercover, thanks to the hero who’s more than happy to show her the ropes of spying, but there are times when it completely freaks her out.
What about you? Think you’d be any good at covert operations? Take this quiz and see what the results are!
How often do you lie?
- Whenever I want. I’m really good at it.
- When I think I won’t get caught.
- Only when it’s an absolute necessity, i.e. hubby questions the six shopping bags filled with shoe boxes in my hands.
Do people underestimate you?
- Me? Are you kidding? Of course not.
- Sometimes, and I use that to my advantage.
- Sometimes, and it upsets me. I mean, honestly, LOOK at me!
- All the time.
The last time you met a friend for lunch, do you remember what she was wearing?
- Every detail, including her new Jimmy Choos. I drooled obsessively.
- Sort of. I think she wore her favorite red sweater.
- No, but I was wearing my skinny jeans, Enemy of the State tee with rhinestones and Chanel sunglasses. I looked hawt!
- Is my middle name.
- Is something I’ll deal with if I have to.
- Is better left to experts, unless it’s a trunk sale. Then everybody better get out of my way!
- Danger?!!? Ack!
Confronted by a nefarious lowlife wanting to do you harm, your weapon of choice would be:
- Beretta 9 millimeter – shoot first and ask questions later.
- A taser – knock em out, tie em up, call the cops.
- My GUCCI Leather ‘Irina’ Large Shoulder Bag. It weighs, like, twenty-five pounds. One swing to his head, and bam, he’ll never mess with me again.
- None, thank you very much. I’m getting the heck out of Dodge.
If you answered A for most of the questions: Congratulations, you’re a bona fide SAS (Super Agent-grade Spy!) Keep up the good work!
If you answered B for most of the questions: You’re a SiT (Spy-in-Training). Your secret decoder ring is in the mail.
If you answered C for most of the questions: You’re a FS (FashionSpysta). There might be an opening in Paris soon. We’ll be in touch.
If you answered D for most of the questions: Stick to your day job. Please!
Fifteen years ago, Anya Radzoya fled Russia with her grandmother after the suspicious deaths of her parents, but she can’t escape the royal genes that make her one of Russia’s last living princesses. When President Ivanov blackmails her into returning to Moscow in exchange for her grandmother’s life, Anya discovers he’s planning to unleash a nuclear war. With no one else to turn to, she joins forces with CIA operative Ryan Smith.
Undercover at the nuclear summit, Ryan recruits Anya to find proof Ivanov is resurrecting the Cold War, but he suspects his new asset is a double agent. Anya is determined to rescue her grandmother with or without his help, however, and Ryan finds himself falling for the beautiful princess before he even trusts her.
Trapped inside the Kremlin with a cunning and ruthless opponent, the two must risk their lives and their hearts to save Anya’s grandmother as well as millions of innocent people.
BIO: Best-selling author Misty Evans writes the award-winning Super Agent series as well as urban fantasy and paranormal romance. She likes her coffee black, her conspiracy theories juicy and her wicked characters dressed in couture. When her muse lets her on the internet to play, she’s on Facebook and Twitter. Read more about her stories at www.readmistyevans.com.
Rafflecopter widget and contest info
The Blood Code Blog Tour is full of interviews, guest posts, spy quizzes and giveaways! One lucky reader will receive a princess-cut tennis bracelet and twelve will win tiara keychains (limited to US and Canada). But that’s not all, three international winners will be selected to receive a free ebook copy of The Blood Code, and an ebook copy from any of Misty’s super agent backlist books.