The official countdown for June 30th has begun. That means it’s time to get ready for your Eclipse party. Every Twilight themed party needs games. Below are some of the games you can entertain your party with while waiting in line or at home before/after the movie. (EDIT: Eclipse is being re-released for Bella’s Birthday September 13th, 2010. The movie will be back in theaters September 10, 2010. Who’s excited?)
You will need paper, pencils, and a timer.
How to Play: Players have one minute to name all the characters, actors, and places in the Twilight Saga that start with any given letter of the alphabet.
Who Wins: The person with the most names listed or with the most unique names listed (derived by crosschecking everyone’s lists) wins.
If a small party, play as individuals. If a large party divide into teams.
Set up: You will need index cards, pencils, and tape. Come up with 5 questions to fit 6 categories for a total of 30 questions. Put the questions and answers on one side of the index card and the value amount for the question on the other side. Create a board from the index cards by taping them up on a wall or window.
How to Play: A player or team will pick a category and dollar amount. Someone will take the index card down and read the question on the back. A correct response earns the dollar value of the clue. If the response is incorrect, reveal the answer and no points are distributed.
Category ideas include: Individual Actors, Entire Cast, Movies, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, and Stephenie Meyer.
Who Wins: The person or team with most money at the end of the game.
(Game Name taken from Twilight Scene-It.) You will need paper and pencils or a chalkboard/dry erase board and chalk/markers.
How to Play: Players will try to stump the group by drawing scenes from the Twilight and New Moon movies. Each drawing is given three minutes. How many turns taken depends entirely on the amount of players participating, if necessary divide group into teams again. For every drawing guessed correctly, the guesser/team will get a point. In team play, if at the end of three minutes the scene is still unknown the team of the drawer will get one minute to guess. If they get it right the team earns two points.
Who Wins: Team with most points.
Divide the group into Team Jacob/Werewolves and Team Edward/Vampires. Evenly. If there’s an odd number, have the person who sits out designate what the others will act out and keep time.
How to Play: Every member of the Jacob/Werewolves Team will impersonate a vampire or human character. It’s up to Team Edward/Vampires to figure out who they are as quick as they can. Afterwards it’s time to switch and the Edward/Vampire Team will impersonate a werewolf or human character (preferably different humans than already depicted) with the Jacob/Werewolf Team guessing.
Who Wins: The team with the shortest time wins!
Play in backyard, at a local park, or soccer field. You will need a flashlight and perhaps a pair of extra batteries.
How to Play: This is a mix of hide and seek and tag. Players try to hide from the seeker who guards the jail or safety zone depending on rules. If it is the jail, then all players hit with the light must go to the jail and wait. If it’s the safety zone, players will try to get there while avoiding the seeker.
Additional Ideas for Game Play:
- Have players form pairs or teams. Any untagged pair or team member can release a caught person from jail.
- If teams are formed and there’s no jail, just a safety zone, you can play by points. Team with the most safe people at the end of two rounds wins.
- Play starts with just the seeker, no teams, as the seeker tags other players, these players join in the hunt. The winner is the last man standing. If a new round begins, the last player tagged is now the seeker.
Who Wins: No real winner. Game is ongoing as the seeker position is handed over, usually to first person tagged.
Eclipse Game Prizes and Party Favors:
If you’re interested, here are some ideas for party prizes and favors.
- New Moon Bella Swan Figure, New Moon Edward Cullen Figure, New Moon Jacob Black Figure – More fun than Barbies! From what I can tell, they’re better looking than the Twilight versions of the characters.
- Twilight Bella Swan New Moon Women’s Dark T-Shirt – Cute shirts are a complete win!
- New Moon Fleece Blanket – snuggle up with your favorite love triangle
- Jacob Black New Moon Blanket– snuggle up with your favorite werewolf
- Edward Cullen Fleece Throw Blanket – snuggle up with your favorite vampire
- Twilight Edward and Bella Fleece Blanket – snuggle with your favorite couple.
- Robsessed DVD – because we all are
- Twilight DVD or New Moon DVD – a surefire crowd pleaser
- Twilight Audio Book – listen to the first book in your favorite YA series
- Love At First Bite: The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook – time to feed the human… for the Bella Swan/chef in you
Got other party ideas? Share them below!
Twilight and Eclipse Party Favors:
[phpbay]twilight party, 25, “”, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]twilight favors, 25, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Eclipse Movie Party Ideas Continued in Twilight Eclipse Party Ideas: Invitations, Food, and Supplies.