Sunday the US will end Daylight Savings, so be sure to set your clock back! And because the whole nation will be falling back (gaining) an hour, I say we take this hour and fall back into some of our favorite romances. I know I will have a hard time deciding which one to read first, but I’ve managed to narrow it down to five options. Help me pick!
- The Endearment – I absolutely love this book. I find the hero and heroine to be sweet and genuine. No, really, I mean the heroine too -- even if she had to lie excessively to become the hero’s mail order bride. I love their courtship and bedroom scenes. I love the setting. I love that the romance is basically isolated from the rest of the world because they are setting up homestead out in the middle of Montana Territory. The whole watermelon vs blueberries commentary is one of my favorite scenes in any romance.
- These Old Shades - A dandified English duke in love with a young French miss who masquerades as a boy. Delicious. I would love to wrap a guy around my pinky as she did to her Monseigneur.
- Just Like Heaven - I could catch up with Lady Honoria Smythe-Smith, one of my favorite heroines and see how her mole holes are doing (I am in fact talking about holes in the ground that the animal makes... What were you thinking? Grin.)
- Lord of Scoundrels – I know this is a favorite among many. I have only sat down to read it once, but it blew me away. I am eager to dive back in and return to some of the most memorable characters ever written. Our hero? He’s fantastically delicious in how he’s presented in looks, character, and personality. I’m ready to meet him again and fall back in love.
- Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed - A spicy Beauty and the Beast retelling. And I have it on audiobook. Rwar!
Now what about you? What are you going to read?
Photo Credits: William Warby