Guest Blog by Kara Leigh Miller, author of The Georgia Corbins
Currently, I’m in the middle of two very large, simultaneous blog tours. I can’t tell you how many guest posts I’ve written or how many interview questions I’ve answered. My creative well is bone dry. In addition, I’m hosting several authors on my personal blog for their tours. I’ll admit I’m burnt out. But, this entire experience has opened my eyes to a few things—some good, some not so good. And this got me thinking: what is the proper etiquette for authors who are guest blogging? Well, today I’m going to give you some tips to help you be the best guest blogger you can be!
- Follow the blogs guidelines & submission rules. Pay special attention to the deadline. Most blogs require guest post materials one (1) week in advance.
- Be cordial, professional, and polite in all your correspondence with the blog administrator. No one wants to get a reputation as being difficult to work with.
- If you schedule a date a few months in advance, send a confirmation email a couple of weeks before your scheduled date. If a topic hasn’t been chosen, now is the time to do that. Ask the blog administrator if they have a topic preference. If not, offer a few suggestions and let them choose. After all, it is there blog.
- Be available the day of your scheduled post to respond to comments. Readers like authors who are accessible and chatty.
- Promote your guest post on your social media sites. Help drive some traffic to the hosting blog, and in return, most blogs will promote your visit, too.
- Most importantly, send a quick thank you email to the blog administrator for hosting you. Or even leave a comment on your guest blog post thanking them.
Virtual book tours and guest blogs are a great way to garner interest for your book(s). Just respect the fact that these bloggers are taking time out of their schedules to host you, to help you spread the word about your book(s). Give them the thanks they deserve!
Ali Philips never thought anything could be more devastating than the day Levi and Tucker Corbin, her two best friends—her only friends—moved away. Three years passed without a single phone call, text message, or email from them and she’s resolved to the fact that she will probably never see them again. Until one morning when she comes face-to-face with Levi Corbin in physics class.
Little does she know, the Corbins have returned to Haldeen with only one thing on their minds: winning Ali’s heart. Ali soon finds herself in the middle of a love triangle she doesn’t want any part of. As she tries to reclaim the friendships she’s lost and to adjust to the unfamiliar feelings she’s having, she struggles with making the one decision that will forever change their lives: Levi or Tucker Corbin?
She’s always had a special bond with Tucker and feels most comfortable when she’s with him. But Levi brings her to life in a way she didn’t think was possible and makes her feel things she didn’t think she would ever feel. Torn between the two, Ali is certain of only one thing–by the time it’s over, she’ll lose one of her best friends.
GIVEAWAY: To celebrate the release of The Georgia Corbins, Kara Leigh Miller is giving away exciting prizes. The Grand Prize, which is open to US residents only, includes a signed copy of The Georgia Corbins, The Georgia Corbins hardcover journal and postcards, The Georgia Corbins tote bag, Kara Leigh Miller pens and notebooks, and Legasea bookmarks.
Second and third prizes are an ebook copy of The Georgia Corbins, and one lucky person will win a first chapter critique. International entries are welcome. Good luck! Winners will be announced July 1st.
About the Author: Born and raised in the small town of Mexico, New York, Kara was an only child who was forced to find ways to entertain herself. Playing make believe with her Barbie dolls and stuffed animals was her first real taste of storytelling before she became old enough to develop a love affair with the written word. In early 2010, Kara picked up her very first erotic romance novel, and she was instantly hooked. She loves to write contemporary romance, erotica, and young adult romance. Currently she has several full-length novels in the works, a series of novellas, and a handful of short stories. Kara is an active member of the CNY Creative Writers Café and the CNY Romance Writers. Today, Kara resides in New Haven, New York with her husband, five kids, and three cats. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s thinking about reading and writing. And when she’s not doing that, she’s spending time with her family and friends.