If you're a man looking to do a little old fashion courting I suggest writing a love letter. It's free and means more to her than a diamond necklace; you just have to be willing to pour your heart and time into constructing it. Be sure to write it out and not use a computer printout for the final copy! Preferably write it out in cursive script.
What You'll Need:
- Nice stationary; plain white heavy card stock is fine.
- Matching envelope.
- Good pen; black or blue.
The basics of writing a letter are simple. You start with the salutation. Avoid standard Dear Name. Consider instead My Dearest Name, My Sweet Name, My Darling Name, or My Beloved Name. The use of an adjective is key for setting the mood of the letter.
The body is a little tougher because the content is really up to you, the situation, and the history between you and her. Be sure to be sincere and not force anything or it will sound fake. Below is a list of romantic words for your consideration to use within this section of your love letter.
For the end of the letter skip Sincerely and go straight for the heart warming farewell. Think about Your Devoted Noun. Old fashion letters used the noun servant as in Your Devoted Servant. Or if that particular closing is not to your liking try an Adverb Yours, such as Affectionately Yours, Eternally Yours, or Unconditionally Yours.
15 Romantic Words to Consider in Your Love Letter:
Use this list to give some depth to the body of your letter. Feel free to use different conjugations of the words.
- Lush - this word can describe her lips, her body, etc.
- Exquisite - to describe her.
- Secret - to describe your emotions.
- Devotion - to describe your emotions.
- Ardent - to describe your emotions.
- Earnest - to describe your emotions.
- Yearn - to describe your emotions.
- Vow - stronger than a promise, something you fervently intend.
- Crave - to describe your emotions.
- Cherish - to describe your emotions.
- Violence - not brutal; more Mr. Darcy as in 'the violence of my affections.'
- Deepest - to describe your emotions; ie: my deepest yearnings, deepest feelings, deepest secret.
- Keep - desire to win her... your plans to hold onto her.
- Tempt - how she makes you feel.
- Possession aka Mine - don't be creepy with this. Nobody likes a stalker, unless your name is Edward Cullen or the girl wants you to be a stalker (unlikely).
What words would you add ladies?
Photo Credits: 1