Heavy on Spoilers. Ye be warned!
Lines I Wish Were in Eclipse and Dearly Missed:
In order of how much I wish they were in the movie…
- “Deal’s Off.” – Edward to Bella.
- “But, if I had been able to take your place last night, it would not have made the top ten of the best nights of my life. Dream about that.” – Edward to Jacob.
- “You are in trouble. Enormous trouble. Angry grizzly bears are going to look tame next to what is waiting for you at home.” – Bella to Edward’s voicemail.
- “You can hold me hostage any time you want.” – Bella to Edward.
- “The way you regard me is ludicrous.” – Edward to Bella.
- “Sometimes I think you like me better as a wolf.” – Jacob to Bella.
- “I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart — I’ve left it with you.” – Edward to Bella in a note.
Scenes I Wish Had Made It:
- Jacob Black remembering how Bella looked when Edward was gone; inflicting a wounded look on Edward.
- Alice Cullen kidnapping Bella.
- Bella telling Jacob why she loves Edward and telling Jacob he’s such a big hypocrite.
Great New Lines Found Only in the Movie:
- “A virgin. I like Edward a little bit more now.” – Chief Swan to himself.
- “Let’s face it; we both know I’m hotter than you.” – Jacob Black to Edward Cullen in presence of Bella Swan.
Things the Movie Did Great:
- Jacob’s wolf – it was very emotive.
- Taylor Lautner had great delivery. Especially liked his, “You’d be better off dead. I rather you were.”
- Everything Edward and Bella. Swoon. The meadow scenes, the bedroom scenes in his and hers bed, the proposal, etc. Be still my heart – please!
- Edward’s jealousy! Fabulous and yummy. Okay, Edward in general. Robert Pattinson is great as usual.
- The tent scene – pretty cool. It was different than how I thought it would go down but I liked it. Wish we had seen Jacob getting ripped from the sleeping bag by Edward though.
- Kristen Stewart finally looks and sounds comfortable as Bella. The hair/makeup and wardrobe was all right; there was never a moment that I thought – that’s more Kristen than Bella as I have in the previous films.
- The epic werewolf vs vampire fight. Fabulous!
- Rosalie's and Jasper's and tribal flash backs.
- Jasper and Alice as a couple.
Most Anti-Climatic and Most Anticipated Scene:
Bella breaking her hand against Jake’s face. It wasn’t as big a deal (the kiss, the punch, the consequences) as I thought it would be. Probably in part because of the spoiled bit between Edward and Jacob that was in a bunch of trailers as a result of the kiss and face punch.
(Yes, I did just slip a New Moon movie joke in there. :))
Did you miss...
Jacob practically nude near the end? Tell me what you think of those thighs! They're like tree trunks. I bet Edward really wished he had pants on right then... tehe.
Conclusion: I need to watch this about 5 more times to pick everything apart properly.
Rating: 4.5 Stars