A lot of work goes into writing book reviews and I'm curious to know how often you read them. There's a poll below to see where everybody falls.
If you read lots of book reviews:
- What do you like best about them?
- Do you look for anything in particular in book reviews?
- What would help you in a purchasing decision?
If you read few book reviews:
- What makes you decide to read a particular book review?
- Do you only read reviews in the genre/subgenre you read the most? Or only when you're on the fence about a book?
- What would make you read more reviews?
If you rarely or never read book reviews:
- Why do you avoid them? Is it because you're afraid of spoilers, don't trust the reviewer's judgement, too many reviews on ebooks/print books and you only read the other format, too long/short, or something else?
- What would make you change your mind on reviews?