So guess what… I actually like Richard Zeeman. I never ever thought it would be possible! I hated him on sight that first time he was introduced in the book series. He only became an angry whiny blackhole of lethal emotions and suckitude later on but in Bullet – he man’s up! He’s likeable. He does things for the good of the triumvirate. It’s amazing. It’s unexpected. It makes me want to reread all the books and try to like him in each one. Call me crazy, but wow! Talk about a 180 flip.
How is this possible you might ask? Well the guy doesn’t hold a chunk of Anita’s vast amount of pure rage and anger anymore. He’s doing therapy. He owns that he’s got sexual kinks and he’s willing to explore them instead of blowing his top off because he and everyone around him isn’t lilywhite. It’s a relief. It’s also very hot…love the four-way between him, Jean-Claude, Anita, and Asher. Yummy.
I so much enjoyed Bullet for a variety of reasons:
- I was right about the Mother of All Darkness. Say what? I’m not telling, read it! Bwuahaha!
- Haven is dealt with and he’s no longer an issue on the physical front. Richard helps Anita on the emotional. Hurrah!
- Belle Morte might prove to be an ally in the future if you can imagine that.
- American Vampire council – hell yeah! Let’s go.
- While it’s more emotional untangling than mystery busting, there is a bunch of paranormal crazy happening. I liked both. I also liked seeing Anita work a case peripherally.
- Anita, Micah, and Nathaniel’s life at the Circus. Very neat.
- Devil. He’s a gold weretiger and he’s new, but he looks to be an interesting character.
Things I’m kind of tired of:
- Asher’s moodiness. Why is Asher always shunted to the side? Seriously. Thank goodness Anita shows some sense. I do not want Asher gone and I’d like him to go back to being the hottie he was not the new Richard he’s becoming.
- Anita with girls, especially since she herself likes men not women. First it was Belle Morte kissing Anita. Now Anita is kissing and humping against some super powerful weretiger female?
- Why did Jean-Claude and Richard get to do another girl? Who might be permanent?! The whole reason all these guys work is
because I can pretend all of them belong in my secret man harem…I mean, because Anita gets to be possessive in a flip on traditional relationship setups… cough yeah… innocent grin.
There’s more but I don’t want to get too much more spoilery than I have. Suffice it to say – fabulous addition to the series (even with the parts I didn’t like) because it gave me so much that I did and have been waiting to see.
Rating: 4.5 Stars