What happened: Laird Taran Ferguson and some of his clansmen kidnap four ladies, one by mistake, and carry them back to Finovair castle. Along the way the men accidentally kidnap a duke and everybody gets snowed-in. Will there be hell to pay or marriages at the end of this debacle? Whatever the case this is guaranteed to be the most talked about scandal all season!
Why was it done? Taran wanted to provide wealthy matches for his reluctant nephews to wed.
- John Shevington, Duke of Bretton – He wasn’t meant to be in the carriage, but since it was his, it shouldn’t have surprised the laird and his men to find him in it.
- Byron Wotton, Earl of Oakley – A proper gentlemen who’s horrified by his uncle’s actions.
- Robert (Robin) Parles, Comte de Rocheforte – A rake of the first order whose reputation may or may not be deserved.
- Lady Cecily Tarleton – She knows who she wants and she refuses to let him get away.
- Catriona Burns – The lady kidnapped by mistake all because she wore blue. Cat is not an heiress and is therefore out of the running according to Taran for his nephews. Good thing the Duke doesn’t care what Taran thinks.
- Fiona Chisholm – Bespectacled and respectable heiress usually overlooked when her lively, younger, and prettier sister is around…. But somebody notices her!
- Marilla Chisholm – A gorgeous female who knows it. This is one hellcat whose claws you don’t want to sink into you!
Favorite match: The Duke and Cat.
Most surprising match: Marilla’s.
Review: I loved the house part games and kind of wish we had house parties like it now! A must read if you love humor, Regency house parties, and love at first sight!
[phpbay]lady most willing, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]