Books in General:
- The Decade in Literature: An overview of important happenings in the literary world during 2000-2009.
- How Amazon Dances Around Taxes So You Can Too: Learn how shopping at Amazon can save you 5% on every purchase (as if you needed another reason to avoid brick and mortar book stores.)
- Make a Swanky Bookcase from Old Drawers: It's really cute looking, not sure how practical it is as it doesn't look like it holds much.
- eBooks Outsell Print Books And Free eBooks Are Biggest Bestsellers: Amazon sells more ebooks than print books during the holiday season.
- The e-book, the e-reader, and the future of reading: The end of print?
“When I look at books, I see an outdated technology, like scrolls before books.”
- Barnes & Noble Will Ship Around 60,000 Nooks This Year: That's a lot of ereaders. Holy crow.
- Is Your Kindle Spying On You? (Yes.) Creepy, yes? Makes you want to get a Sony Reader or none at all. Seriously, your library gives you more privacy.
- Romance Reader, Unashamed: Very cool post first spotted by Dear Author.
Myth: Romance heroines are just another version of the beauty myth.
First I ever heard of a beauty myth. I read so many plain Janes, heroines unconcerned about looks, heroines who never wear makeup, etc. Perhaps there's more of an argument for male beauty, strength, and virility?
In the sense, her sexual pleasure becomes a reward for her previous sexual morality.
- Pon Farr In SFR: Or Spock in Heat.
- What Is Your Brand As a Writer/Author? Do you have one? If you said no, your really need to read this.
- The Best Advice: Brenda Novak, Denise Swanson, CJ Lyons and Bob Mayer share what helped them the most.
- Back Up Your Writing: A lesson to be learned from famous writers!
- Install a Favicon Icon For A Professional Look On Your Blog: Great resource for any blog platform.