Guest blog by Torie James, author of Point of No Return
- The Archangel Michael doesn’t hold a flaming sword. He’s not allowed to use sharp objects on fire after an unfortunate incident involving the Ominomicon, a sleek white bird with huge eyes and a whistling song. What? You’ve never heard of the Ominomicon? Well, now you know why.
- The Three Wise Men were notorious grifters who rolled a few drunk townsfolk and stole the gifts they gave to the wee baby J. Their real names were Big Tom, Shunk and Norm.
- The first Dine and Dash took place at the Last Supper.
- After Abraham came down from Mount Moriah, relations between he and his son, Isaac, cooled entirely. Apparently, Isaac had no sense of humor and wasn’t thrilled with being Punk’d.
- Lucifer never “fell” from Heaven. He was pushed.
- The Universal Flood was more akin to a Tropical Storm but Noah liked to exaggerate.
- There were actually 11 plagues, not 10. The 11th one has currently re-emerged. They’re called Pop Ups.
- Moses, like a typical man, got lost leading his people and refused to ask for directions. That’s why it took them 40 years to get to where they were going.
- The Twelve Apostles were really just a prototype for the numerous Boy Bands we have these days.
- Not only was Adam the “first man” created, he was also the “first man” to sleep in the doghouse after he threw Eve under the bus for that nasty apple business.
I’ve had a massive blast hanging out here today and thanks to LRP for having me! So, talk to me, Dear Readers. Who do you think played a better God? George Burns or Morgan Freeman? Or are you quirky like me and think Alannis Morrisette rocked the robe in Dogma? Phone lines are open!
Full of seething, sensual shadows and hidden faces, the annual Masquerade Ball at Lymbo Resort is one event anyone would sell their soul for.
One night a year, impiety and temptation take center court at the invitation only event hosted by the mysterious Avan Noxturna. Decadent darkness, burning lust, and wicked intentions hide behind innocent masks in the most innocuous places.
The fires of hell may blaze hot, but the flames of passion consume common sense when obsessive memories escape to ignite an inferno of intimate bliss that will sear both saint and sinner.
She enjoyed being a highly sexual female who felt no shame in shagging a man for recreational purposes. Guys did it all the time and they were called studs. A woman with the same goal? Slut. Luckily, she didn’t much care what anyone thought. She had no desire to settle into a bullshit relationship where she lost her identity. Her mother had schooled her. She was an island and it suited her fine when the occasional ship came into port, docking on a temporary pass. A lustful interlude with a masked stranger on Halloween? Cliché. And tempting. She did have a few extra minutes.
Then he filled her vision and she grew damp under the heated gaze.
One. Quick. Fuck.
Medicinal purposes only.
He opened his mouth to speak and she shook her head. “Shh. Don’t talk. You’ll ruin it.”
Torie James has loved reading since she was old enough to hold a book in her lap. While her friends were out playing, she was generally curled up nearby falling down rabbit holes, catching second stars to the right, and stepping through wardrobes into mysterious lands and countless adventures. When those stories ended, she made up her own and kept going.
Where you can you find Torie: