by Susan Sigler, guest blogger
Some time ago, Keira asked me if I would share my interest in Yahoo groups with LRP readers. At the time, I promised to add it onto my to-do list. Which by the way, if stretched would circle the earth four times, know what I mean?
There are several reasons I love Yahoo groups, main reason being it matches my interests. Which happen to be my love of reading, a commitment to follow new projects by favorite authors, and to keep up to date on publisher news.
Here’s a list of some groups I belong to: BiancaDArcNews, ciarcullen, Deanna_Jewel_Readers, devynquinn, genashowalter, JLWilsonNewsletter, moirarogers, roxanneserotica, Terry_Spear_News, and theromancestudio.
You can find a group to match almost any hobby or interest. If you enjoy crafting, or you’re a sci-fi movie buff there’s a group for you. Are you a Harry Potter fan? there’s a group for you. Did you like the movie Twilight? there’s a Twilight chat group.
Want to hear more? Keep reading!
- When an author’s writing their latest novel, he/she may choose to add unedited chapters for your reading pleasure. You’ll read the novel as it unfolds.
- Members are entered in monthly giveaways, with reader’s choice to the winner.
- You’ll be the first to know about author blog tours, giveaways, and new releases.
- There’s the option of emailing or chatting with the author.
- You can email or chat with other group members who share your interests.
- Every now and then, author attaches files with free reads, or showcases new cover art of upcoming release.
- Yahoo let’s you add and remove groups to update your changing needs. Very similar to updating your blogroll list.
- My groups are listed alphabetically, showing new posted messages, the “number” of posted messages, or if there’s no new activity.
- Did your favorite author buy a new house? Get a new car, go to Hawaii on vacation, you’ll know.
- It’s fun!
LRP readers do you belong to any Yahoo groups? Share your Yahoo grouproll with us.